We understand that the concept of veterinary surgery on your pet can be scary. Our veterinary team has highly skilled and compassionate doctors that are dedicated to improving the quality of life of your pet. We always offer both surgical and non-surgical options for you and your pet, looking for the most comprehensive holistic approach possible.
We offer everything from minimally invasive procedures to more intensive procedures depending on your pet’s circumstances… and your financial capabilities. We understand that pet health care can be an extra expense, and we always strive to offer care at a reasonable price.
Examples of surgical procedures provided at our animal clinic:
- Elective spay and neuter
- Emergency surgical care
- Gastroenterologic procedures
- Urinary procedures
- Routine and extensive dental procedures
- Cancer-related surgery and reconstruction
- Wound care
Surgery can be stressful for pets and their owners, but your pet’s health and safety, and comfort is our animal hospital’s top priority. Our veterinarians and team work hard to make sure your pet receives safe, predictable anesthesia and is offered a comfortable recovery. To help ensure this, bloodwork is required for any pet over six years old prior to any invasive procedures so we can ensure they are clear of any infections and are able to accept the anesthesia during the surgery. This way, if for some reason your pet is unable to accept surgery or anesthetics, we can discuss alternatives for your pet.
Tooptimize anesthetic safety, our veterinarians use:
- Well-trained and proficient technical personnel
- A variety of sensitive cardiopulmonary monitoring devices
- Continuous electrocardiography
- Oxygen saturation monitoring
- CO2 and respiratory monitoring
- Continuous temperature and blood pressure monitoring
- Warming devices to help maintain safe body temperature
To minimize post-operative pain, our veterinarians use:
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques whenever possible
- Local and regional anesthetic blocks
- Intravenous and intramuscular narcotic pain relievers
- Oral pain relievers to be given at home